Olympic Treats Basic Cake -Like Cookies
It is time for the Olympic Games
A wonderful event that begins with flames
We run, Jump, swim and try to gain
We Give our personal best after we train
The medal is not the only goal
It is the experience as a whole
We love to share that feeling with all
A rush like when you catch a ball
Of trying your utmost combined with athletic grace
Combining all into a thrilling race
3 cups sugar
2 cups spectrum organic shortening or earth balance shortening sticks (I decrease this from 2 ½ cups which made the cookies greasier with cracks)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
7 cups flour
2 t baking powder
½ t salt
Cinnamon and sugar topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixer cream together shortening and 3 cups of sugar, then beat vanilla extract and eggs.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix.
- Roll the dough in 1 1/2 inch balls (2 ounce)
- If desired combine 3 tablespoons sugar with 1 Tcinnamon in a small bowl. Roll balls in sugar and cinnamon on one side and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until cracked on top and not overdone on bottom.
Yield 3 dozen